They say the key to a man’s heart is through where… yup, his stomach. So So true. Give a man superficial beauty, he’ll kiss her and run away. Give a man a great meal and he’ll stick around for a while to see how deep the external beauty goes.
My wife is a beautiful Woman that gives so much to me, my children, and the world around her it’s unjust to isolate her greatness into its parts, but I’m making an exception here. Very early on in our courtship, she pulled out a pot, a head of cabbage, an onion, some bacon, and got busy. 3 simple ingredients whipped up into one of the most delicious interpretations of a cruciferous vegetable I’ve ever had.
Well, you can see I stuck around, and got to reap the benefits of her love, culinary wizardry, and her many other talents. When they say it comes from the love, “they” are not wrong. That is why you just can’t beat mom’s cooking. It’s about the love man! Try this recipe on for size and see how much love you can squeeze into these simple ingredients. Let’s cook
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 slices bacon chopped into litle pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- Soup pot
- * For a meatless version use 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- Render bacon and butter in pot on medium heat until brown
- While bacon is cooking cut cabbage into 1-2″ pieces
- Remove bacon and cook down onions in the fat until clear
- Add the cabbage, bacon, and a few good pinches of salt
- Stir to coat everything then cover and cook for 3 minutes
- Remove lid, stir again then cover for another 3 minutes
- Repeat this cycle until the cabbage is tender but not mushy about 15-20 minutes total